We actively support the community through programs that are the living, practical expressions of our faith and beliefs. Connection, care and compassion are reflected in everything that we do. Looking after the wellbeing of our community and working cooperatively for the good of humanity is the most fundamental demonstration of what we believe in and who we are.
Community Care Support Service
The Temple Society Community Care Support Service aims to provide assistance and support to members and their families.
- Visits to the TTHA, your own home, hospital/rehabilitation centres
- Provide practical and emotional support
- Make referrals to other services
- Liaise with Elders on your behalf
- Assist with Centrelink entitlements, aged care assessment referrals and other forms/applications
- Answer enquires about the emergency fund and other emergency relief
- Implement strategies to meet community needs and requests
- Maintain contact with distant members
- Coordinate Telelink Support service
Community Care Worker
M: 0433 335 815
Tabulam and Templer Homes for the Aged (TTHA)
In 2000, the Templer Homes for the Aged, established in 1973, and the Tabulam Nursing Home, a joint undertaking with the Australian German Welfare Society established in 1981, were merged to create a high-quality care facility for people of a German-speaking background. TTHA is a not-for-profit, certified and fully accredited Aged Care Facility with 118 beds (High Care, Low Care, Dementia Care, Respite Care) and 40 independent living units and apartments in Bayswater.
TTHA also provides care to the wider community through presently 20 Community Aged Care Packages (CACP) and Planned Activity Groups (PAG) as part of the Home and Community Care program (HACC).
Click here to view the TTHA website.